Why choose Carltons for a Will?
We are delighted to be an accredited member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS). This shows that we follow best practice procedures to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in providing tailored wills and probate advice to consumers. One of our solicitors and other staff are WIQS accredited.
Client Charter: Why choose a WIQS accredited firm?
1. Understand the options and get advice that meets your needs
- We will not make any misleading claims about the advantages of making a will, or pressure you into buying more complex advice that is not in your best interests.
- We will help you understand the issues in preparing a will or seeking probate advice to make a more informed choice from the outset.
- Our dedicated wills and probate service is tailored to your needs. We will explain the process, options, costs and likely timescales.
2. Receive a quality service and be kept up-to-date
- We will provide you with the name(s) of the person(s) responsible for your matter.
- We will agree how you want us to contact you and how often.
- We will communicate with you in plain English, explaining any legal terminology.
- We will reply to your questions within 48 hours or provide a timeframe for more complex issues.
- We will tell you when unforeseen issues affect the original cost estimate and timeframe and explain the impact.
- We will treat you with dignity and respect at all times.
3. Trust practices with WIQS
- WIQS is only open to law firms or other organisations that are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- The Senior Responsible Officer or Head of Department must have at least three years’ experience of will drafting and estate administration.
- Accredited solicitors and other staff complete mandatory training on the WIQS standard and show compliance through annual re-accreditation and ongoing enforcement checks by the Law Society.